It's been a while since I announced an update on my project, so here's a small yet important one:
I have finished the first revision of the API and have commenced the development of the iOS client. Furthermore, I have launched a web page for those interested in seeing what the app is about - the link will be at the bottom of this blog post.
As far as the client goes, I'm going to try something new. In my experience, apps run best when written natively for the device. However, I have been hearing of the advancements in HTML5 with application development. While it would be easier for me to make the app in HTML rather then to build it natively, I still want to learn more iOS and objective-c. So, I have decided to do both, concurrently!
One of my friends volunteered to make the HTML5 version of the app while I make the iOS version. We will do a performance comparisons and attempt to gauge which of the two is performing best. I will release our findings on here throughout the development cycle.
If all goes well, I'm hoping to use the HTML5 version for all other platforms (Android, Blackberry, PC, etc) and keep the iOS version done natively. This will allow me to always have a handle on the differences between native and cross platform applications.
Also, from now on I will try to write a new blog post every Sunday with updates from the week. Hopefully it will force me to get more done during the week and also to keep my blog active :)
Be sure to check out Party Stream for the beta sign-up. Once the first version of the client is ready, I will be releasing it to beta subscribers for closed testing.